After months of grueling work, I’m proud to announce the Vanilla version of Zero, which is a regular Windows version of the emulator. I’ve tried to make it as good as I possibly could and hope some of you who wanted this version will enjoy it.
For those who still like the old look, there’s no need to fret because a new version 0.6.5 is also available! Both the versions can be downloaded from the Download page.
The combined change list is as follows:
+ Plain vanilla windows (v0.7)!
+ Implemented correct cold boot and reset emulation.
+ Updated SZX implementation to match SZX 1.4 specifications.
+ Almost all the aspects of the emulator can now be configured via the command line (see README)
+ Added option to enable Vsynch for DirectX renderer.
+ Added shortcut keys for all major emulator functions (v0.7)
+ Added indicators to main window (v0.7)
+ Added FPS and emulator state readout to status menu (v0.7)
+ Added Most Recently Used (MRU/recent files) capability to main menu (v0.7)
+ Made the Monitor window completely resizable (polomint) (v0.7)
+ Made the Memory viewer resizable vertically (polomint) (v0.7)
+ Added shortcut keys for debugging in the Monitor (polomint) (v0.7)
+ Allow the main emulation window to be resized arbitratrily (v0.7).
+ Added Flash Load for standard tape blocks.
* The emulator is not paused when switching to full screen mode anymore.
* Exit full screen if user needs to be shown a dialog box or tool window (v0.7).
* Reworked pentagon renderer to show aesthetically correct screen dimensions (0.7).
* The last used joystick(s) are now remembered when the emulator starts up.
* On selecting a file from Recent Files list, it’s moved to the top of the recent file stack (v0.7).
* The tape browser and other tool windows are non-modal. They will also pop to front if their icons are clicked again (Stefan).
– Fixed an issue with IN when AY emulation is enabled on a 48k speccy.
– Fixed an issue with the envelope in AY emulation (FrankT).
– Fixed a contention timing issue with IN.
– Fixed Options page not correctly reflecting the sound settings for AY and Stereo sound modes.
– Fixed the Machine State window not showing correct info when first invoked from Monitor.
– Fixed issues with button and image placement if Windows text size is increased.
– Fixed incorrect machine id being saved in SZX Header when 128KE is used.
– Fixed AY not being enabled in 128K and above machines (doh!).
– Fixed machine timing not being read or saved correctly when using a SZX snapshot.
– Fixed Wrong Key2Joy joystick type being used during emulation.
– Fixed renderer not being re-initialized correctly (say when VSync is enabled/disabled).
– Fixed an issue with tape auto-stop causing edge loader to fail.
– Fixed crash if monitor is launched or machine is reset during the Overscan demo (Stefan).
– Fixed a bug in DDCB and FDCB versions of RES opcode.
– Fixed full screen toggle issue. Also uses correct desktop resolution instead of hard coded width and height (v0.7).
– Fixed edge load interfering with fast load when trying to load standard blocks.
– Fixed sound being disabled after loading from tape (Russ Hoy).
– Fixed Fast Loading, which was broken (didn’t load some tapes).
– Fixed Pixel Smoothing option not reflecting currently in the Options window (Russ Hoy).
– Fixed resetting to wrong machine after RZX playback (Russ Hoy).
– Fixed a problem with Infoseek download not auto-loading selected tape. Plus some cross-thread exception. (Russ Hoy)
– Fixed the issue with window not resizing correctly when switching between Pentagon and some other machine (v0.7).
– Fixed relative jump addresses not wrapping correctly if calculated address is > 65535, in the Debugger.
– Fixed tool tip for system variables not showing hex number if user has selected hex view in Debugger.
– Fixed an issue with the +3 not resetting properly (serbalgi).
– Fixed crash on mouse focus being lost due to ALT + TAB (karingal).
– Fixed window size incrementing by 100% instead of 50% as intended (Daren)